Friday, December 29, 2006

This year will be different!


New Year's is looming and the pressure to start afresh is mounting. Resolutions have never worked for me. I can only meet the deadlines and promises that I make to other people, not to just me alone. When I fail, there is only me to disappoint and I've learned to deal with that pretty well.

So why is it going to be different this time? Well, I'm just about out of chances. I've made it to forty very banged up and out of shape and i've got to turn it around if i want to make it another forty. So I've got to make these promises to more than just me - to my family, my friends, my coworkers, the dog, you blog readers. Whatever it takes to keep me honest, on track and in line.

So what are these promises - very simple:
1) eat healthy; no more crap. Weight Watchers core plan and stick to it.
2) establish an exercise program and follow it. gym, bicycle, walking. Just move that fat arse every day.

do these things, and good will come in all areas. I know I can do it with your help. I'm not going to tell you how much I need to lose, but I'll keep you posted on what I've lost. And there will be pictures too. Once i get a wide angle lens (ha ha).